1. Mudvayne comes from Peoria, Illinois.
2. Mudvayne's real names
are Chad Gray, Greg Tribbet, Ryan Martinie and Matt McDonough.
3. Mudvayne's original name was "Brainsaw".
Mudvayne's first album, "Kill I Oughtta" was an independant release by the band before they were signed to a record label.
The album only had a limited number of copies in the range of 300 to 500, finding an original is pretty much nearly impossible
unless your a luck fuck and find one on ebay.
5. The opening track on Mudvayne's L.D. 50, is titled "Monolith," after
the alien artifact at the heart of Stanley Kubrick's classic 2001: "A Space Odyssey".
6. Ryknow, or Ryan, the bassist
has won many high school awards for singing and has performed Jazz Bass.
7. "The overall theme of the album reflects
and embodies ideas about the evolution of consciousness, transformation, and the risks involved in experimenting with things
that can change a person's point of view, internally and externally," says drummer sPaG. "And the monolith in Kubrick's film
was also a representation of that."
8. L.D. 50 is a medical term used by pharmacologists to measure how toxic a substance
is it stands for Lethal Dosage 50 which represents how much of a chemical it takes to kill fifty out of a hundred test subjects.
Mudvayne supposidely did all the drugs mentioned in the song "Pharmeacopia" while in the process of making "L.D. 50" and watching
Stanley Kubrick's movie "A Space Odyssey".
10. Slipknot's "The Clown": Shawn Crahan was an executive producer on L.D.
11. L.D. 50 is produced by GGGarth, who also produced Spineshank's
Album "The Height Of CalLosness".
12. Matt's uncle was the original drummer for "Cheap Trick".
13. Matt has
been playing the drums for over 20 years.
14. Chad used to work at the same Firestone Tire factory where they produced
all the faulty tires that made Ford Explorers roll.
15. "There were songs I left alone and didn't mess with until we
were in the studio, which was not a smart idea considering the time and budget constraints we were under. I wrote 'Pharmaecopia'
and 'Nothing To Gein' on our last night in the studio, before the tapes were sent to New York to be mixed. The pres-sure was
16. The song 'Nothing to Gein' is about Ed Gein. He was a seriel killer in the fifties who killed 15 women
including his own mother and stored their bodies in a Wisconsin farm. Along with eating certain parts of the bodies he killed,
his favorite was the genitalia of the victims.
17. Mudvayne categorizes their music as "Math Metal".
drumming in the end of "A Key To Nothing" is the sound of the "Morse Code" from WW1/2, meaning that everyone is dead. (RUMOR)